PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT WITH TY XTREME: OUTDOOR ADVENTURE INTENSIVE
TY Xtreme is a two-week intensive featuring unique nature expeditions throughout upstate New York and Pennsylvania.
Dates: July 26-August 9, 2020
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
Adventure in the Great Outdoors
The adventure starts at TY with a custom-designed series of nature expeditions that promote independence, the ability to work in a group, and personal self-confidence. Participants will start by mastering the ropes course, followed by a four-day kayaking trip on the Delaware River. The program finishes up with a challenging bike ride across the Catskills Mountains of Upstate New York.
Health, Nature & Love of the Jewish Community
Most nights, campers will stay in a different beautiful natural site; setting up tents, making fires, and bonding with teens from Jewish communities around the world. Participants will learn about the Jewish values of sustainability and preservation and create a unique community centered around health, nature, and love of the Jewish people.
Forever Bonded by Lifelong Friendships
Through adventure, lifelong friendships arise. Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week TY Xtreme Outdoors Intensive will:
- Build outdoor survival skills, including reading maps, building fires, and cooking outdoors.
- Develop proficiency in kayaking, hiking, biking, and rappelling.
- Promote peer responsibility for fellow explorers and dependability upon oneself.
- Gain an appreciation for the natural environment that is the Northeastern United States.
- Earn a sense of accomplishment from completing daily challenges.
- Lift self-confidence, broaden personal insights, and realize new heights of independence.
- Improve physical endurance and the appreciation of a healthy lifestyle.
TY XTREME OUTDOORS (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in TY Xtreme Outdoors spend most of their days outside of camp on kayaking, biking, and backpacking trips. Below is a sample daily schedule for those days in camp:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Kavanot (Intention)||You will partake in meaningful Jewish activities through prayer, values, teachings and more to start the day.|
|9:45-10:05am||Nikayon B'Tsrif||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:10-3:45pm||Peulat Kehila||The time in camp when our different communities come together to learn with and from one another.|
|3:50-4:45pm||Z'man Bechira||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|4:45-6:15pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|6:20-7:20pm||Specialty Areas||Your chug can either visit Tsofiut (Israeli scouts), Sports, Omanut (Arts and Crafts), Drama, Rikud (Dance), Ropes Course and more!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Extended kayaking, biking and backpacking trips with Northeast Wilderness Experience and Israeli Tzofim (Scouts)
- Room and board within our furnished cabins while in camp
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS TY XTREME OUTDOORS RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Ready to build self-confidence and challenge yourself physically
- Ready to explore the connection between your Jewish identity and concern for the environment
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world