Serving Your Way tHrough Summer
Tennis@TY is a two-week intensive tennis program to help teens refine their skills and have fun in the sun.
Dates: July 29-August 13, 2019
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
Develop Their Craft
The Tennis@TY program will challenge teens in both the mental and physical components of tennis. Tennis provides an opportunity for teens to continue to work and to grow into the hard-working, passionate, and compassionate leaders of tomorrow. TY tennis instructors will work with the group as a whole to ensure proper technique as well as individually to achieve each campers goals for the session.
Expert Instruction from Israeli Tennis Coaches
Participants will have full access to our tennis courts. An Israeli tennis instructor will lead teens in developing their knowledge of the game, honing their technical skills, and strengthening their ability to succeed on and off the court.
Practice makes Perfect
Serving aces is just on part of Tennis@TY program. TY provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week Tennis @TY Intensive will:
- Complete tennis drills and training.
- Receive expert instruction from an Israeli tennis coach to hone technical skills.
- Come to understand the strategies and patterns of the game
- Practice the teamwork and work ethic necessary to succeed and to lead.
- Raise their skill level
- Develop teamwork, perseverance, and diligence.
- Engage with the Jewish Community.
- Realize a greater understanding of their own Jewish identities and express it through tennis.
Tennis@ TY (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in Tennis @ TY spend 4-5 hours a day engaged in developing their tennis game in collaboration with other participants and staff. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing, and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Kavanot (Intention)||You will partake in meaningful Jewish activities through prayer, values, teachings and more to start the day.|
|9:45-10:05am||Nikayon B'Tsrif||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:10-3:45pm||Peulat Kehila||The time in camp when our different communities come together to learn with and from one another.|
|3:50-4:45pm||Z'man Bechira||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|4:45-6:15pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|6:20-7:20pm||Specialty Areas||Your chug can either visit Tsofiut (Israeli scouts), Sports, Omanut (Arts and Crafts), Drama, Rikud (Dance), Ropes Course and more!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Daily arts writing workshops with TY arts staff
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS TENNIS @ TY RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Ready to join a community of young tennis athletes
- Ready to explore your Jewish identity within a community
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world