Academics and Camp Come together for One Great TY Summer!
The most effective and fun way to increase an ACT or SAT score.
Dates: July 29-August 13, 2019
For: Current 10th-11th Graders
Develop the skills needed for the SAT and ACT
Participants will gain practical test taking skills such as time management, test strategy, test day preparation, and other ways to prepare for the SAT/ACT exam. Through 36 hours of test preparation throughout the 2 week intensive, filled with practice tests, tutoring, and skill building, participants will have ample guided opportunity to improve their SAT/ACT scores.
A Little About Prestige Prep
Under the leadership of Phil Cohen, former Director of Year-Round Programs for Young Judaea, Prestige Prep have helped thousands of students and families build towards a brighter future. Prestige Prep sets out to “Challenge students to push themselves, while building their confidence and sense of self.” This perfectly aligns with our TY goals. By combining the academic experience of Prestige Prep with classic Tel Yehudah, teens will come home with a summer's worth of memories, friends, and academic preparedness entering the new school year!"
Get the Most Out of Your Summer
As important as it is to improve academically, there is always room for fun, friendships, and exploration. Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week SAT/ACT Prep Intensive will:
- Improve standardized testing skills including text breakdown, grammar, mental math, context clues and more.
- Form a strategy to have adequate time per section of the test.
- Utilize the individualized attention from tutors
- Explore different strategies for breaking down essay questions
- Take multiple practice tests to gauge progress and points of improvement
- Have a detailed understanding of the composition of the SAT or ACT
- Develop strategies to work on their areas of improvement
- Understand which test is better suited for their skill set
SAT/ACT PREP (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in SAT/ACT Prep spend 3 hours a day engaged in developing their academic skills with other participants and Prestige Prep tutors. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing, and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Kavanot (Intention)||You will partake in meaningful Jewish activities through prayer, values, teachings and more to start the day.|
|9:45-10:05am||Nikayon B'Tsrif||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:10-3:45pm||Peulat Kehila||The time in camp when our different communities come together to learn with and from one another.|
|3:50-4:45pm||Z'man Bechira||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|4:45-6:15pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|6:20-7:20pm||Specialty Areas||Your chug can either visit Tsofiut (Israeli scouts), Sports, Omanut (Arts and Crafts), Drama, Rikud (Dance), Ropes Course and more!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Daily tutoring sessions in small groups led by Prestige Prep tutors
- Access to practice tests and skill assessments
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus
stipendfor snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS SAT/ACT PREP @ TY RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 10th or 11th grade
- Looking to improve your standardized test scores
- Curious about which test is best for you: the SAT or the ACT!
- Ready to learn basic test strategies
- Prepared to explore the explore your Jewish identity through an engaged community of your peers
- Interested in living with Jewish teens from around the US and the world