TY MUSIC STUDIO: RECORDING & SOUND ENGINEERING INTENSIVE @TY
The TY Music Studio Intensive is a new two-week curriculum that allows teens to explore their Jewish identity through music.
Dates: July 24-August 7, 2018
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
Two Recording Icons Help Teens Find & Share Their Voice
This two-week intensive provides campers the opportunity to explore the landscape of modern Israeli, Jewish and Middle Eastern music with Israeli producer Rami Carmel and American singer/songwriter Noah Wilker; two musicians who have decades of combined experience in the studio and on stage. Instructors will help participants arrange, record, and perform their own interpretations of modern Israeli Music, all while encouraging them to find and share their individual and collective voice.
Collaborate & Gain Confidence in Craft
Recording sessions, vocal/instrumental technique, and instruction on the basics in sound engineering and studio equipment will be enhanced through the collaborative process. This program is designed to teach campers about music, but it also focuses on teamwork, leadership, musical skill enhancement, stage performance, and ultimately strengthening confidence in their craft.
Intertwining Instruction with the “Best of Camp”
Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. In addition to the musical instruction this intensive offers, the “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week TY Music Studio Intensive will:
- Arrange, record, and perform their own interpretations of modern Israeli Music.
- Learn basic skills in sound engineering and operating studio equipment.
- Develop vocal and/or instrumental skills with Israeli producer, Rami Carmel.
- Participate in guitar classes with Noah Wilker, singer, songwriter and performer.
- Collaborate with others to produce artistic output.
- Engage with Israeli and Jewish music and culture.
- Gain stage performance experience.
- Leave camp with increased overall confidence.
TY MUSIC STUDIO (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in TY Music Studio spend 4-5 hours a day engaged in developing their musical expression in collaboration with other participants and staff. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|8:00am||Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Nikayon B’Tsrif (Bunk cleaning)||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|9:45-10:10am||T’fillot (Morning Prayers)/Alternative T'fillot||You will partake in a meaningful prayer activity led by staff and campers.|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:00-2:45pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|2:45-4:45pm||Intensives||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|5:00-6:30pm||Minors||Focus on another one of our Intensives offered at camp!|
|6:30-7:30pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunk mates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Daily studio and performance workshops with TY Music Studio staff
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS TY MUSIC STUDIO RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Ready to join a community of young musicians
- Ready to explore the explore your Jewish identity through your music
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world