LEARN ISRAELI MARTIAL ARTS WITH “KRAV MAGA” SELF DEFENSE TRAINING
This new two-week intensive instructs teens on self-defense, the history of Krav Maga, and how it fits into the global Jewish community.
Dates: July 29-August 13, 2019
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
Develop Tactics Used by Israeli Defense Forces
Krav Maga encompasses elements of various martial arts styles and is widely used by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). Through this technique, teens will learn heightened awareness of their surroundings, train to increase physical fitness levels, and develop tactics for personal defense.
The self defense intensive provides teens with expert instruction by an active Krav Maga instructor. Along with training, participants will learn the history of Krav Maga, which follows European Jews in the 20th century and the establishment of the State of Israel.
Combining Physicality with Community
Krav Maga training is just one part of this two-week intensive. The TY environment provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week Krav Maga Self Defense Intensive will:
- Learn one of the most effective self-defense techniques in the world.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Build up personal physical fitness levels.
- Train with a Krav Maga specialist.
- Come to understand more about Krav Maga’s connection to the Jewish people.
- Become a part of TY’s unique global community, sharing in recreational and educational activities among Jewish teens from around the world.
KRAV MAGA (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in Krav Maga spend 4-5 hours a day engaged in developing their self-defense skills with other participants and staff. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing, and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Kavanot (Intention)||You will partake in meaningful Jewish activities through prayer, values, teachings and more to start the day.|
|9:45-10:05am||Nikayon B'Tsrif||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:10-3:45pm||Peulat Kehila||The time in camp when our different communities come together to learn with and from one another.|
|3:50-4:45pm||Z'man Bechira||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|4:45-6:15pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|6:20-7:20pm||Specialty Areas||Your chug can either visit Tsofiut (Israeli scouts), Sports, Omanut (Arts and Crafts), Drama, Rikud (Dance), Ropes Course and more!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Daily Krav Maga training sessions with professional staff
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS KRAV MAGA RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Ready to work on developing skills of self-defense
- Ready to explore the explore your Jewish identity
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world