PHOTOGRAPHY INTENSIVE Program
CampSight is a new unique two-week immersive residential photography program at Tel Yehudah for Jewish teens.
Dates: July 29-August 13, 2019
For: Current 8th-11th Graders
A Professional, Customized Curriculum
CampSight is an opportunity to study the art of photography. The customized curriculum encompasses intensive technical and artistic lessons while studying the subject matter of one’s personal connection to Judaism and Jewish people.
Master Class Instruction
Teens will participate in a master class, working to create a portfolio of work. Students will drive the creative process with their own vision for their work, coached through to a finished body of work. The best work will be selected to enter competition for display by Beit Hatfutsot in Israel and virtually, on its website.
Join Jewish Teens from Around the World
Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. Beyond photography, the “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week CampSight Photography Intensive will:
- Learn practical and theoretical photography skills.
- Come to understand the photography process: planning, execution, post-production, and exhibition planning/completion.
- Attend the master class and receive a portfolio review
- Gain a deeper understanding of their own Jewish identity.
- Engage with various Jewish communities as well as the State of Israel.
- Complete a full photography portfolio, exhibited in print and virtual formats.
SAMPLE CAMPSIGHT SEDER YOM (DAILY SCHEDULE)
Participants in CampSight spend 4-5 hours a day engaged in developing their photography skills in our new photography studio and all around TY’s 150 acres. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to choose another Intensive as a minor and explore all of TY’s other specialty areas (ropes course, Israeli dancing and singing, sports, etc.) Below is a sample daily schedule:
|7:15-8:00am||Optional Morning Activities||Go for a run, practice some yoga or exercise; all are wonderful ways to start your morning!|
|8:00am||Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:30-9:00am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast.|
|9:10-9:40am||Nikayon B’Tsrif (Bunk cleaning)||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|9:45-10:10am||T’fillot (Morning Prayers)/Alternative T'fillot||You will partake in a meaningful prayer activity led by staff and campers.|
|10:15-1:15pm||Intensives||You will spend intensive time in your Intensive.|
|1:20-2:00pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:00-2:45pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|2:45-4:45pm||Intensives||You will spend more intensive time in your Intensive.|
|5:00-6:30pm||Minors||Focus on another one of our Intensives offered at camp!|
|6:30-7:30pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|7:30-8:20pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:30-10:00pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your group is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:15-11:00pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunk mates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:00pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Daily lessons and studio time with professional photographers
- Room and board for 14 days within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious and kosher meals a day, plus stipend for snacks and treats from our camp canteen
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- 160+ dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Day trip to local Jewish communities
- Regular laundry-service
- Full time on-site 24/7 security services
- Coach Motorbus transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport on opening and closing day for teens who will be traveling to camp by plane
IS CAMPSIGHT RIGHT FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 8th through 11th grade
- Excited to develop your photography skills
- Ready to explore your Jewish identity through your unique lens
- Interested in living with Jewish teens around the US and the world